Skip to main content

Week 7, Day 43 - Weigh In Day!

Starting Weight: 169.4 lbs.
Current Weight: 155.4 lbs.
Current Week: -2.0 lbs.
Total Weight Loss: 14.0 lbs.

Wow. That's all I really can say, wow. I am in absolute shock today. I cannot believe I am down 14 lbs. overall. I lost 2 lbs. this week. I think I'm in shock. I shouldn't be though. I stay within my daily points plus range, I track EVERYTHING I eat! I do not exercise, yet. It seems like every time I post, I write that I don't exercise and I really need to. So, today is going to be different. I am going to start my Jillian Michaels Body Revolution today. I was going to start this morning but I have so much to do that this afternoon will have to be soon enough.

So, today I learned some things about myself. We talked about portion control in my meeting this morning and it got me thinking. I am actually becoming a PRO at portion control, BUT what I am still missing is eating RIGHT. I still eat a lot of microwave foods or quick eats and that bothers me. Yes, I'm making better choices about my foods but I haven't improved as much as I'd like. Which got me thinking...should I completely overhaul my 'way of life' to meet WW or should I use WW to improve upon what I'm doing right now? How will it affect me in the long run? Yes, I need to eat better, I'm not naive. However, is it realistic for me to completely change how I eat right this second? Or am I better off knowing that I've been adding fruits and veggies to my diet gradually and cutting back on my portions? Is that enough? The change will come, I'm sure of it, but how quick does it need to be?

Something positive that I noticed about portions last night...we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut for the kids. Normally I would be able to scarf up three pieces, easily. Last night I had one, rested a bit (like 5 minutes, tops) and decided that while I might not "need" another piece, it was tasty enough that I'd have a 1/2 more and then be done. I ate it and was STUFFED for hours afterwards. I did not need that extra 1/2 a slice. I'm so proud of myself!! Should I have eaten that extra 1/2 slice? Probably not, but now I recognize that three slices is ridiculous when a simple, one slice is perfectly fine for me! In the future? I'll make sure to have a salad right next to me. That will do just fine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dusting this thing off and trying again!

I’m honestly not sure what the draw is to blogging for me. It definitely isn’t the “money” as I pretty much don’t have any followers (and if I do, I thank you!) and literally have ZERO sponsors but I think for me it is a form of journaling and that may be the draw. Last night as I was winding down from the day, I decided to give WW another try. I’d been paying for their services for awhile and when I “work the program” I have a lot of success. However, I’ve been avoiding the program for about an month and have had no success...go figure. My goal is to give WW one more month, follow it as best as I can, and reevaluate my situation then. I’m choosing to do the Purple Plan because I feel like that is the best one for me, at the moment. Right now I need more zero point options and this plan has the most. I preplanned breakfast and lunch, both zero points, which leaves me with 16 points for dinner. My goal is to only use 12 so that 4 will carry over giving me a little bumper for my upcoming...

WW...still and again!

Here we go...again. I've tried WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) over and over and over again. July 28, 2018 I committed to starting again and taking it seriously. By January 1, 2019, I was down 15 lbs. from July and 20 lbs. over all. I made it through the holidays but unfortunately, I didn't make it through the new year. My will came crashing down and the weight is slowly going back on. Well, I've decided to take to blogging again hoping to find my will and motivation and get back up again. Here I go!!!

Weight Loss Chart

So, I decided to create a chart of my weight loss. Not sure how often I will update it but it is nice to look at from time-to-time! I started my journey in January of 2012 and re-started in January of 2014. I originally lost about 20 lbs. and managed to keep 10 off over the course of two years so I should be pretty excited. I am, sort of. But I also wonder where I'd be today had I continued the journey. Really hoping I can keep it up this time around! Date Weight Change Total 1/22/2012 169.4 0.00 0.00 1/4/2014 159.2 -10.20 -10.20 1/11/2014 155.6 -3.60 -13.80 1/18/2014 155.2 -0.40 -14.20 1/25/2014 154.2 -1.00 -15.20 2/1/2014 153.8 -0.40 -15.60 2/8/2014 155.4 1.60 -14.00 2/15/2014 150.6 -4.80 -18.80 2/22/2014 149.6 -1.00 -19.80 3/1/2014 150.6 1.00 -18.80 3/8/2014 149.8 -0.80 -19.60 3/15/2014 148.8 -1.00 -20.60