Skip to main content

Clean Slate!

I have a clean slate! Well, kind of. Yesterday I walked back through the doors of Weight Watchers and decided to ask for a clean slate. I missed the last three weekends and decided that yesterday was going to be a very sad day for me in terms of weighing in. So, I walked in, told the receptionist that I was "starting over" and that is what I did! She deleted my previous history from the computer and I'm acting like a new member. So...my new starting weight is 161.6 lbs. and I'm going forward from there. I can do this. I have a good feeling about this. It's all on my shoulders but I really need to lose some weight this summer and I'd love to see goal by September 5th. Technically, it's "only" 20.6 lbs. but back when I was about 5 lbs. from goal, I thought I had it. Apparently I did not. (Insert sad face here.) There are 15 weeks between now and September 5th. There is a holiday on Monday (cookout at home...I've got this!) and a holiday July 4th (again, planning on a cookout at home!). Otherwise there are a lot of days between now and then that I can focus on myself!! So, 20.6lbs divided by 15 weeks equals approx. 1.37 lbs. per week (1.4 lbs. in WW terms). Seems like a reasonable goal to me. I've got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dusting this thing off and trying again!

I’m honestly not sure what the draw is to blogging for me. It definitely isn’t the “money” as I pretty much don’t have any followers (and if I do, I thank you!) and literally have ZERO sponsors but I think for me it is a form of journaling and that may be the draw. Last night as I was winding down from the day, I decided to give WW another try. I’d been paying for their services for awhile and when I “work the program” I have a lot of success. However, I’ve been avoiding the program for about an month and have had no success...go figure. My goal is to give WW one more month, follow it as best as I can, and reevaluate my situation then. I’m choosing to do the Purple Plan because I feel like that is the best one for me, at the moment. Right now I need more zero point options and this plan has the most. I preplanned breakfast and lunch, both zero points, which leaves me with 16 points for dinner. My goal is to only use 12 so that 4 will carry over giving me a little bumper for my upcoming

Week 5, Day 29 - Crisis Averted!

Starting Weight: 169.4 lbs. Current Weight: 159.8 lbs. Current Week: -1.2 lbs. Total Weight Loss: 9.6 lbs. Well, I weighed in this morning to a 1.2 lb. weight loss. I'm so excited!! I wish it were closer to the 2 lb. mark but I'm thrilled that it was even a loss. So, now that I'm 29 days OP I really need to start looking at my exercise habits. I need to start exercising! I have a fabulous treadmill in the basement but no motivation to use it. I keep saying I'm going to get down there and do it, but I keep putting it off. Found this today. Might have to try it: http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Starting Over - Again.

I have been on a roller coaster this past school year and I cannot get my act together. My motivation is null. I know that in order to truly get my life in order, it has to come from within. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find that internal motivation. It is so frustrating. I've missed my last two WW meetings due to other commitments and I know that is half my battle. The other have is definitely my lack of motivation. I need to change that. Where do I begin? Here. WHY do I want to lose weight? GOOD HEALTH: My cholesterol keeps creeping up on me. My latest overall score? 234. That is the highest it has been and I know that with diet and exercise I can drop that number WAY down. MY DAUGHTERS: My husband and I are both overweight. We were not always this way but after we graduated from high school and started making bad choices, the weight crept on and hasn't left. I don't want my daughters to follow in our footsteps. I want them to learn good eating and exercise habi